One In Christ Bible Church (OIC) is a nondenominational church founded in 2004 by Pastor Joseph Hamilton. To ensure accountability, we are part of the Urban Church Association (UCA). We currently worshiping with the ROCK church every Sunday at 9:00 AM. The ROCK is located at 1613 W. 20th Street, Los Angeles, CA. Every 2nd Sunday we will have worship service at 10:45 AM at the Martin Home, located at 2514 Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. Bible study is every Tuesday night at 6:00 PM, also at the Martin Home. All are welcome!
- January 2004 – One In Christ (OIC) is formed from a community bible study.
- June 2004 – One In Christ holds its first Sunday service in the "tabernacle". The tabernacle was a portable carport placed in the driveway. Our first service had 25 people in attendance and we averaged 15 people in a service, six of which were the Pastor & his family.
- July 2005 – Pastor Hamilton begins managing an apartment complex so One In Christ moves from the tabernacle to the "lower level".The church was in the basement of the building and could be reached through the laundry room.
- July 2006 - OIC started our first annual "Back to School" giveaway. Our first year we gave out 152 uniforms and backpacks filled with school supplies. The following year, we focused on providing children in need with school uniforms. During the next eight years, we had the honor of donating over 5,000 uniforms to those in need.
- February 2008 - Having outgrown the basement at Tuelyn, OIC moves again to First AME Zion. This is the same place where Pastor Hamilton first accepted Christ.
- June 2014 - OIC celebrates 10 years of ministry. During the first ten years, we've witnessed God take our two fish and five loaves to feed His people physically and spiritually. We've had the opportunity to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, reach out to those sick and visit those in prison.
- March 2015 - We opened the Martin Home, a home that seeks to Redeem, Restore and Regenerate ex-offenders. To date, we have a 97% success rate for the men living in our home.
- January 2016 - We hosted our first Couples Conference. Proving once again, that though we are small, we are mighty in the LORD!
CLERGY & LAITY UNITED FOR ECONOMIC JUSTICE (CLUE)
PRISON EDUCATION PROJECT
THE URBAN MINISTRY INSTITUTE (TUMI)
URBAN CHURCH ASSOCIATION
Whatever has brought you to our website today, we're glad you're here. Maybe you need direction and answers for your life, or maybe you're searching for a church home. It's our desire that you find what you're looking for and more.
As you read about what's going on here, know that our top priority is to glorify God and impact people with His wonderful life. At OIC, there are many opportunities to grow, to be involved and to share your faith. We want to help you take your next step in your spiritual journey. If you have any questions, need more information or prayer, contact us....we are here for you!
Pastor Joseph Hamilton